IELTS terms and conditions
When registering for IELTS you will be asked to accept the rules and regulations given below. Please read them carefully:
- The IELTS test Regulations
- The IELTS Terms and Conditions (full text below)
- I acknowledge that the IELTS test is jointly owned by British Council, IELTS Australia Pty Ltd (ABN 84 008 664 766), which is wholly owned by IDP Education Ltd (‘IDP: IELTS Australia’) and Cambridge Assessment English (part of the University of Cambridge), collectively referred to as the IELTS Test Partners.
- I acknowledge that I have read the IELTS Information for Candidates booklet.
- I acknowledge that I have read the ‘IELTS Notice to Candidates’ in this Application Form and agree to abide by IELTS test terms and conditions.
- I understand that there may be local terms and conditions that I must comply with and that the centre will provide details of these on request
- I understand that if the details on this Application Form are not completed my application may not be processed. I further understand that completing and submitting this form does not guarantee registration on my preferred test date or at my preferred test location. I understand that my registration will be confirmed in writing from the test centre.
- I certify that the information in my application is complete, true and accurate.
- I understand that my test result cannot be used for United Kingdom Visas and Immigration (UKVI) application purposes and that I will not be eligible for a refund if I subsequently find that I require an IELTS for UKVI test result.
I understand that:
- It is necessary for my personal information to be collected and processed in order for me to take the IELTS test, to verify my identity and to receive my results. This personal information is collected and securely stored when I apply for and when I take the IELTS test and is used by the IELTS Test Partners for the purpose of the IELTS test.
- My personal information, including, without limitation, test performance or score data and my test result may be disclosed by the IELTS Test Partners to Recognising Organisations to which I apply and to governments (including visa processing authorities) for the purpose of allowing these organisations to verify my test result.
- My personal information may be processed in an anonymous form by the IELTS Test Partners for statistical and research purposes.
- My photograph is taken by the test centre on test day and will appear on my Test Report Form. This photograph will be provided to any Recognising Organisations or government authorities to which I apply to allow these organisations to verify my test result.
- My Speaking test will be recorded. In the event the test does not record I will be required to re-take the Speaking test. An observer may attend my Speaking test as part of the examiner monitoring process
- I may be filmed for security and quality assurance purposes when registering for the test and during the test. The video footage will be for held for 60 days after my test and may be used for audit or investigation purposes.
- I will be required to verify my identity on test day by providing the identity document specified by the test centre. I may also be requested to confirm my identity on test day by having a finger scan taken. The finger scan is taken as a Binary Large Object (BLOB), and no image of my fingerprint will be held. This biometric data will be held for 60 days after my test and will not be disclosed to any entity except the IELTS Test Partners.
- I can access further details on how the IELTS Test Partners use my personal information (including how long it is retained in different circumstances and how I can exercise my rights) at ielts.org/privacy
Test Fees and Refunds
I understand that:
- I will be charged the full test fee upon registration.
- If I request a transfer or cancel my test, my right to a refund will be determined in accordance with local legislation. If you cancel your test at least 5 weeks before the test date you will receive a refund of the test fee, minus a PLN 197,50 administration fee. If you cancel your registration within five weeks or less of the test date, you will not receive a refund unless you can provide appropriate evidence to support your cancellation. If you want to do this, please complete and submit a Request for Refund Form along with the supporting evidence. We will need to receive your request and supporting evidence at least five days before the test date. An administration fee of PLN 197,50 applies.
Test Integrity, Security and Malpractice
I understand that:
- I must attend all four test components in order to receive a test result and any exception to this must be approved in advance by the test centre.
- The IELTS Test Partners have a responsibility to all candidates and Recognising Organisations to ensure the highest confidence in IELTS test results. The IELTS Test Partners may therefore be required to withhold test results temporarily or permanently, or to cancel test results which have been issued, if they consider those results to be unreliable for any reason.
- My test result may not be issued 13 days after the test if any of the IELTS Test Partners consider it necessary to review any matter associated with my test or the administration of my test, including making enquiries as to whether any rules or regulations have been breached. I may be required to provide additional samples of my writing and speaking for the purposes of assisting any investigation before or after the test. In exceptional circumstances I may be required to re-take one or more IELTS components.
- If I am suspected of engaging in any form of malpractice, or do anything that might damage the integrity and security of IELTS, I may not receive a test result, my test fee will not be refunded and I may be banned from taking the IELTS test in the future. If I am banned I will receive a notification stating the length of the ban. If I am subject to a ban and I register to take the test, I will not receive a test result and I will not be entitled to a refund
- Details of any proven or suspected malpractice may be provided to Recognising Organisations, including governments (including visa processing authorities) and appropriate regulatory authorities, and centrally to the IELTS Test Partners. In instances where malpractice has been proven, I may be liable to prosecution.
- The work I produce in the IELTS test remains the property of the IELTS Test Partners and will not be released to me. In cases of proven or suspected malpractice my work may be provided to relevant authorities.
Disclaimer: The International English Language Testing System (IELTS) is designed to be one of many factors used by academic institutions, government agencies, professional bodies and employers in determining whether a test taker can be admitted as a student or be considered for employment or for citizenship purposes. IELTS is not designed to be the sole method of determining admission or employment for the test taker. IELTS is made available worldwide to all persons, regardless of age, gender, race, nationality or religion, but it is not recommended to persons under 16 years of age.
British Council, IDP: IELTS Australia and Cambridge Assessment English and any other party involved in creating, producing, or delivering IELTS shall not be liable for any direct, incidental, consequential, indirect, special, punitive, or similar damages arising out of access to, use of, acceptance by, or interpretation of the results by any third party, or any errors or omissions in the content therein.
To cancel a Test Registration, change your Test Date or request a refund, you must contact Lang LTC in writing by sending refund form by email to firstname.lastname@example.org . You may wish to keep a copy of your cancellation notice for your own records.
Tips for filling in your details (next pages):
On the following pages, you will be asked to fill in your personal data. In your own interest, we recommend that you:
- insert your mobile telephone number as well (although it is not an obligatory field) so we can contact you quickly in case of changes to the speaking test schedule
- fill in your postal address correctly (please do not insert your address in one single line but use the conventional format)
By clicking the ‘Go to Registration’ button below you agree to the IELTS Test Regulations and IELTS Terms and Conditions