Who accepts IELTS?
IELTS is the most widely accepted test worldwide – by more than 10,000 organisations (including top universities and institutions in over 140 countries with 3,000 in the USA alone) including:
- Educational institutions
- Immigration authorities
- Professional bodies
It is also the world’s most popular English language test with over 3 million tests taken each year.
The IELTS test opens door to:
1. Professional development in your home country – Proving your English language skills with an IELTS test can help you get a better job or a promotion.
2. Emigration -Your IELTS test results will help you meet your immigration requirements. All immigration authorities that require an English language test will accept IELTS.
- Migrate to Canada – If you would like to move to Canada, one of the best places to leave in according to a United Nations survey, you should take IELTS. It is recognised by Canada’s immigration authorities. To find more information about immigration procedures visit Citizenship and Immigration Canada website.
- Migrate to Australia – IELTS is required for the principal applicant as well as spouse and adult dependents above 18 years of age in the immigration process under the Australia Migration Visa. You can find out more about immigration and student visa application procedures by visiting the Australian Government Department of Immigration and Citizenship website.
3. Career and study abroad – In most countries where English is the main language, you’ll need evidence of English language skills to apply for jobs and university courses.
- Study in the UK – over 600 universities and higher education institutions in the UK accept IELTS. Find out who accepts IELTS in the UK – search the database to find out if the organisation of your choice accepts IELTS.To apply for undergraduate or postgraduate courses in Britain visit the UCAS website.
- Study in the US – Over 3,300 higher education institutions and programs in the USA accept IELTS. IELTS is recognised by the USA’s top 25 universities, accepted by all Ivy League colleges and used by international programs at the top 50 US universities.Find out who accepts IELTS in the US – search the database to find out if the organisation of your choice accepts IELTS.
The Fulbright Program
IELTS is also needed to take part to the Fulbright Program of highly competitive, merit-based grants for international educational exchange for students, scholars, teachers, professionals, scientists and artists. For more information please visit the webpage of the Polish – U.S. Fulbright Commission
- Study in the UE – thousands of universities across Europe recognise IELTS for university courses and degree programmes offered in English.Find out who accepts IELTS in the EU – search the database to find out if the organisation of your choice accepts IELTS.
- Study in Australia – to find out more about studying in Australia visit Study in Australia webpage.
- Study with IELTS all over the world – Find out who else accepts IELTS.